I have been a devote Windows user, I can say that from the very beginning, let me state the Windows OS that I remember being using:
- MS-DOS. Ho yes! not bad. Do you remember the version 7 and 8?. A light fast OS. Personally I was enjoying. I remember I was using 3 or 4 diskettes. You could use any crappy refurbish computer that you were able to run it.
- Windows 3.11. OK kind of windows system, but ahead of Macintosh.
- Windows 95. Ho la la! Here we have a awesome Windows operating system, and the best is coming soon…
- Windows 98. Hey! Microsoft has improve Windows 95
- Windows XP. Yes, this is a great operating system. Fast, simple. But time to time the blue error screen. This is the version is used for years. Available in 32 and 64 bits
- Windows Vista. My feeling was: just format and install Windows XP. It is was I did with my HP laptop that was coming with original Windows Vista.
- Windows 7. Yes, Microsoft is back! Light, fast, reliable. The Best Windows OS
- Windows 8. Ho no! I hate Windows 8. What the fuck is this Metro UI, all the time switching from Desktop to metro UI. Nevertheless Windows 8 was coming with my new HP laptop, apparently a beast with Intel core i7, latest Nvidia a lot of RAM and hard disk. I thought, calm down, windows 8.1 is coming and all you problems will be solve.
- Windows 8.1. No way, the same shit, but at least when you press for second time the windows button goes back to desktop UI.
Look, I’m not anymore a hardcore computer user. I don’t use anymore engineering program like OrCAD or ProEngineer, I only use internet, emails, multimedia, music, movies, pictures, etc.
My new statement is clear, no more Windows, it is over, I will embrace Apple world. Yes, I don’t give a shit for the hardware and software any more, I don’t want to spend time with the technology (by a Electronic Engineer). Some points:
- I don’t care your stupid Windows updates, don’t bother me
- Hey Oracle with you fucking Java!, make the stupid update and don’t ask me anymore. This is the worst.
- Hey Windows! stops making me crazy with your Desktop/Metro UI, I am not married with you, I don’t need to suffer your menstruation.
- Yes I want to make back up, but easy, why is so confuse with Windows, so many program, so many questions. Ha! and not included in Windows 8, depends of the OEM: nobody understands that!!!
- Ho yes, I did bitlocker with my hard drives, and now with windows 8.1 not professional I need to put the password all the time. Thank you Windows!
- Why my computer is getting slower and slower…. Yes I know, it is a rhetoric question, I am very experience IT guy… however why it is not happening in Mac?
As mention, next time it will be a Mac either Mac Air or Macbook Pro.
Wait, I haven’t finished, not is the turn of Android. OMG what the super shit!
Let me list the Android devices I purchased:
- Samsung Cheap Smartphone. No comments, extremely slow. I thought it might be because is cheap.
- Samsung mid range Smartphone. It was acceptable until it was updated to Android 4. something, since there slow like a turtle.
- Samsung Galaxy note 3. The most expensive Samsung in the market, it is more expensive than a Apple iPhone 5S. Seriously! it is garbage. The frustration has been maximum. The software is very buggy. The most annoy was that I was not able to unlock when I installed the account of Microsoft exchange (or something, they keep changing the name) form my company and using the device in roaming. Ho! what the casualty now I’m talking about Microsoft again.
I did 3 mistakes buying 3 Samsung Galaxy Shit in a row… I was so happy with my Nokia’s… From the other hand I have a iPad 2, and still rock solid, I was strangling with the latest OS update but Apple did some minor updates and it is back to track.
And of course my next phone is a iPhone, not anymore Samsung trash.
I hope my personal decision can help you to choose the right technology for your life. Something stable, simple and user oriented.