- Date: 2012
- Company owner: Cisium, Inc.
- Creators: Raúl Bartolomé Castro and many others
- Raúl’s contribution: inventor, engineering manager and chief engineering. As senior engineer I was responsible to review all engineering aspects of the project in schematic design, PCB design, firmware development and Java for android coding
- Market: consumer electronics
- Product category: fashion
For our prototype we decided to use a bag made of a special fabric made of ultra-thin optical fibers. Apparel fitted with sensor detecting, recording analyzing physiological data from the wearer, environment and smart phones and on the other hand actuating based on those data, opens opportunities for many professional and leisure applications.
The project involves 3 aspects:
- Bag: stylish bag made with side glowing optical fibers
- Electronic module: light source for the optical fiber and Bluetooth communication with smart phone.
- Android application: Java for Android application to control and interact with the bag.