- Date: 2005 – 2009.
- Company owner: Lear Corporation.
- Customers: Nissan, Renault, BMW and Mitsubishi.
- Creators: Raúl Bartolomé Castro and many others.
- Raúl’s contribution: hardware designer of many SJBs for various car makers. He was responsible of the electronic design of the SJBs covering aspects like electronic component selection, schematic design, PCB supervision and review, EMC review, DFMEA, FTA, design review among many other hardware engineering tasks.
- Market: automotive.
- Product category: control and power distribution.
Smart Junction Box (SJB) integrates passive junction box features with electronic module functionality. It uses microcontroller based technology to switch power and control vehicle body functions. SJB technology utilises a total systems approach by optimising and integrating control and power distribution functions into a single module.
SJB replaces relays and fuses with solid state electronic drivers. These self-protecting devices improve quality and eliminate the need to service fuses and relays. SJB technology reduces weight and packaging size up to 80%.