Raúl Bartolomé Castro (Spain) is an engineer, inventor, electronic designer, software developer, entrepreneur, engineering director, investor and financial advisor.
Most of his twenty years of professional career are carried out in the automotive sector, leading engineering teams and developing complex electrical/electronics (E/E) systems and software products.
Mr. Bartolomé is currently working at Harman International, a Samsung company, as director of engineering in the Car Audio business unit. They design advanced analog and digital amplifiers with tenths of channels and thousands of watts tailored to the needs of their customers and others multimedia products.
Previous to Harman International, he was engineering manager and senior project manager for E/E at Magna International, co-founder and engineering manager at Cisium, Inc. and Janty, Ltd., team leader and senior hardware engineer at Lear Corporation and other managerial and engineering jobs.
He has a holistic automotive engineering experience. It includes OEM (Magna International on behalf of BMW, JLR, Renault, Isuzu and Brilliance), Tier 1 (Harman International and Lear Corporation) and Tier 2 (CreaSoft and ASM-Dimatec).
All his professional activities are done in multicultural and international environments. His countries of residence are Spain, Japan, Philippines, China, Austria and Germany.
He holds four university degrees, where two are in engineering (MEngAIEE and BEngIEE at Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain) one in management (MBA with distinction at University of Bradford, UK) and the last one in finance (MFAAM at Universitat de Barcelona and OBS Business School, Spain). He is currently coursing an Executive DBA at University of Bradford, UK.
He is a polyglot of five languages: English (full professional), Spanish (native), Catalan (native), German (elementary) and Chinese Mandarin (elementary).
High caliber hardware engineer with experienced in
- complete electronic product development,
- system requirements acquisition and architecture design,
- designs around system-on-chip, microcontrollers and DSPs,
- schematics, PCB designs, worst case analysis, EMC, BOM or DFMEA.
Senior software engineer with extensive development experience in
- system architecture and software integration,
- systems requirements acquisition,
- RTOS, embedded Linux, middle-ware or communication stacks,
- Automotive SPICE and AUTOSAR.
Engineering Management & Project Management
Proven professional with a solid track of records in engineering and project management with competences in
- large engineering organizations,
- creation of business processes,
- projects or program management,
- complete product life cycle management and
- finance for engineering and projects.
Corporate and Personal Financial Advice
Professional in financial advisory and assets management with experience in
- creation of personal finance plan,
- selection and management of personal portfolio based on risk-reward,
- advice in financial products such as ETFs, warrants, futures, stocks or bonds and
- real state projects appraisals.